Solitaire Desert Farm Description:
Namibia's most popular experiences include visiting the famous red dunes of Sossusvlei, Sesriem Canyon, the Naukluft Mountains and Spreetshoogte Pass.
Solitaire Desert Farm is the perfect location from which to explore the Namib-Naukluft area and all its attractions.
Part of the 45,000 acre Solitaire Land Trust, which is dedicated to preserving pre-Namib grassland habitat and resident wild animals, award-winning Solitaire Desert Farm is a relaxing Guest Farm experience in its own private oasis at the base of the Rand Mountains.
Solitaire has a variety of endemic species including Oryx, Kudu, Springbok, Mountain Zebra and Bat-eared Fox. Many may be spotted while out on an excursion or self-guided hike.
The original farmhouse, one of the first in this remote area, has been lovingly restored, and over time more rooms added to accommodate demand. Each spacious room has an en-suite shower, toilet and private deck. There are also three convenient campsites for the more adventurous traveller.
Two swimming pools offer a refreshing break after a full day of activities, and many guests like to end their day with a short walk to nearby sunset ridge.
In the open thatch lapa, enjoy a freshly prepared African farm dinner while watching wildlife at the illuminated water hole.
Special Note: The distance from Solitaire to Sesriem is approximately 90km or 1 ½ hours’ drive.
• 8 3/4 rooms
• 3 Double rooms
• 3 Family rooms each with a double bed and two single beds
Facilities and Services:
• Check in from 12h00 and check out at 10h00
• All rooms have air-conditioners
• Rooms have 24h electricity
• Standard bathroom amenities and towels available
• Two swimming pools
• Bar and restaurant under thatch roof
• Open lapa and fireplace
• Credit card facilities for Master & Vista Cards
• Gravel / Sand airstrip; FYSO, 3506ft., Co-ordinates S23º54’01.5” - E016º00’16.3” Solitaire, Namibia; Contact for pilots: +264 81 1436166; AVGas available by prior arrangement
• Contact us for specific dietary requirements or special occasions
• Hiking & walking trails
• Nature drive (2hrs)
• Cheetah Viewing Experience: This activity can be booked directly. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Families with Children:
All ages are welcome at the guest farm. Children may also participate on activities while under their parent supervision
Our three campsites have everything a camper needs. In addition to the spectacular view we provide shade huts, braai areas, electricity and spacious showers and toilets.
Each campsite has its own bathroom with hot and cold water showers, flush toilets and dishwashing facility.
Direct to Lodge: +264 62572024 / Reservations: +264 815601400