Aba-Huab Rest Camp is one of the nicest camp sites in Namibia. The camp is well shaded from old trees, the facilities are generally good and to make everything a little more special during the dry season the desert elephants often bless Aba-Huab with their presence.
Aba-Huab Rest Camp provides ideal accommodation for visitors to Damaraland who wish to visit Twyfelfontein, the Burnt Mountain, Organ Pipes and Petrified Forest. The campsites are situated along the Aba-Huab river bed (nearly always dry), the ablution blocks include flushing toilets and some hot showers. All the sites are different, but facilities may include fireplaces, tables, benches and taps. A bar is available while a restaurant is in the planning stages.
- Visit the Twyfelfontein rock art;
- Walking in the Aba Huab riverbed and desert;
- Game-viewing; and
- Experience the traditional Damara peoples food and dance.
- A variety of campsites along the Aba-Huab River (ephemeral, can be wet in rainy season), some with fireplaces, tables, benches, taps, etc. The total capacity is 50-60 campers;
- Two ablution blocks with flush toilets and hot showers;
- A-frame thatched shelters;
- A bar with cool drinks and snacks;
- Services of local guides; and
- Laundry service.
Aba-Huab Rest Camp is located 6km from the Twyfelfontein Rock art site on the D3214 gravel road.
Aba-Huab Campsite can be accessed from two directions.
- From the north: Turn off the main Khorixas/Sesfontein road (C39/D2620 gravel) onto the D3254 (gravel). After approximately 15km make a right hand turn (still D3254; there is a broken rock sign for Aba-Huab). After approximately 6km you will cross the Aba-Huab dry riverbed. The camp is on the right after crossing the riverbed.
- From the south: Travel on the main Uis/Khorixas road (C35 gravel) for approximately 72km from the Uis junction and then turn left onto the D2612 (gravel). Follow this road for approximately 65km. Turn left onto the D3254 (gravel) road and after approximately 6km you will cross the Aba-Huab dry riverbed. The camp is on the right after crossing the riverbed.
Access is possible with 2x4 vehicles. Caution may be required in the rainy season when the river very occasionally floods.
No Reviews Added
No Reviews have been added for the current business.
Only My.na users can review businesses. Please register or log in to review the business.
Create a free user account and stand a chance to win great prizes.